Subject: Re: Graphical filemanager
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Newman <jtn2@psu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/1999 11:12:12
>I'm pretty partial to File Runner.  Good straight forward file
>manipulation,  permision changing, linking ...etc...etc...all w/
>buttons.  Very good at FTP & FTP Batch down loads ( you can flag files

I have to second this one. I'm using it on a Centris 650 without too much
slowdown. It's great if you need to delete whole directories and batches of
files with a press of the button. This program was  god send for me too
when I was new to X and unix.

There is also xfm available at the amiga site. Most of the programs there
will work with the Mac68k port of NetBSD. I'm surprised this one hasn't
been updated and repackged for the packages collection. It's not as nice as
filerunner, but it opperates somewhat like the file mannager for Win 3.1.

There was one I ran into and tried that was pretty awful, but I can't
recall the name right now.
Jason Newman
jtn2@email.psu.edu

http://www.personal.psu.edu/jtn2.

"Those who think they can, can. Those who think they can't, won't"

author unknown