Subject: Re: Browsers
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/07/1999 00:42:27
Kevin Ogden <kkb@PunkAss.com> writes

>I gave up on getting mozilla to work on my system.  What would be the next
>best browser to install on my mac?  (easy to install)

I had a very easy time with Lynx 2.8, builing it from the sources.
Although I believe it is also available as a package now too.  Lynx is a
text-only browser.  No pictures, just quick.

On the GUI end, there is Mosaic.  Also available as a package (has a number
of dependencies though).  Slower, especially in launching.

Overall, I tend to user Lynx more, although it does fall a little short in
the case of pages that are extremely graphic oriented and offer nothing in
the way of <alt> tags or client-side image maps.

But that's the designer's fault, right? :-)

Steve Revilak
revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu