Subject: startx error
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/06/1999 23:33:41
When I startx I get the following message:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: libc.so.12.20: minor version >= 25 expected, using it anyway
/dev/grf0: Couldn't get video mode information via ROM driver.
        This is not a fatal error.
        I gather there is no ROM driver support for this screen...
        I will treat this screen as StaticGray or TrueColor.
Screen 0 at 0x423a000, 640 by 480, 8 bpp, rowB 1024, fbbase 0.
rootVisual = 34 ((null))
rootDepth = 8
visuals->class = 0 (StaticGray)
visuals->bitsPerRGBValue = 8
visuals->ColormapEntries = 256
visuals->nplanes = 8
visuals->redMask = 0x0
visuals->greenMask = 0x0
visuals->blueMask = 0x0
visuals->offsetRed = 0x0
visuals->offsetGreen = 0x0
visuals->offsetBlue = 0x0
fredfl2: /home/fredfl2 #

x does start after this message is displayed.

I read the FAQ for a similar error message and they said the shared
libraries need to be updated.  I'm not exactly sure how to that.

Could some one get me pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,
Guy

Guy Santiglia
South Korea