Subject: Re: Colour X on LC475
To: Matthew Navarre <mnavarre@home.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/05/1999 09:46:03
Matthew Navarre wrote:
> I've also been trying to get the OSFA server to work on my IIci, however no
> matter what color depth I boot into (except B/W) I just get weird artifacts
> across the top of the screen. I'm trying this on a NuBus video card (a
> Futura SX, 832 X 624).
>
> I _think_ I got the server installed correctly, but startx tells me:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: libc.so.12.20: minor version >= 25 expected,
> using it anyway
> /dev/grf0: Couldn't get video mode information via ROM driver.
> 	this is not a fatal error.
> 	I gather there is no ROM driver support for this screen...
> 	I will treat this screen as StaticGrey or TrueColor.
> Screen 0 at 0x423a400, 832 by 624, 1bpp, rowB 512, fbase 0x83c4000.
>
> I know the ROM driver stuff is from not having a SLOTMAN kernel or the
> video lkm, but why the warning from ld.so? did I miss something?

That just means that Ken compiled his server with a newer version of libc
than you are currently using (he was probably running -current at the
time).  It's just a warning, tho, and it shouldn't be causing any kind of
problems like that ones you're seeing.  My guess would be that's b/c we
don't fully support your card in color mode at the moment...

Later.

Colin