Subject: Migrating from one Disk to another
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD <netbsd@bvjtoday.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/05/1999 04:34:02
Hi,

	I just formatted a 2.1g Quantum disk in order to have more storage
space. I was using a 700mb drive. Is there any way to successfully migrate
everything on sd0(the old drive) to sd1(the newly formatted drive) and then
use sd1 as the main disk? Or do I have to install everything over again on
sd1

	I tried a simple cp /* /disk2  where / was sd0a(root partition) and
/disk2 was sd1a(root partition) but failed, seems the /disk2 pretended to
get full 3/4 way thru the cp eventhough sd0a is significantly smaller than
sd1a and sd0a isn't even full in the first place. <so this was the wrong
way to go about it, right?>

	Any suggestions?

Thanks
NRT