Subject: Re: X login screen
To: Ed D. Wright <ewright@spice.jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/1999 15:05:31
Ed D. Wright wrote:

> To:  NetBSD Mac
> From:  Ed Wright
>
> Colin Wood typed -
>
> ...How is it unstable?
>
> If xdm is YES in rc.conf, and I start an X win session
> with startx - with a valid .xinitrc, X windows tends
> to quit and throw me back to the single terminal mode.

If xdm is YES in rc.conf, you shouldn't need to start X via 'startx'.
Instead of the normal login prompt, you should get the XDM login widget
which will toss you right into an X session once you've entered userid and
password.  When you log out of your X session, you should be returned to
the XDM login screen.  Are you not seeing this?  If not, I'd really
suggest reading the XDM setup howto on www.macbsd.com....

Later.

Colin