Subject: Re: X login screen
To: Ed D. Wright <ewright@spice.jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/1999 14:03:56
Ed D. Wright wrote:

> To: NetBSD X gurus (guri?)
> From:  Ed Wright
>

> I have a truly trivial question.
>
> How do I get an X windows login screen after
> booting into NetBSD.  I tried setting xdm to YES
> in rc.conf as per FAQ, without success, and X
> windows tended to be unstable.
>
> Currently, xdm is NO; I start an X win session
> via a startx.
>
> Any ideas?

How is it unstable?  The answer in the FAQ is pretty much the only way to
actually set it up so that you get the X login screen (well, I guess you
could manually call xdm in rc.local or something, but that'd be a little
pointless).  Have you looked at the XDM setup howto on puma?  I believe it
should still be there.  If you can't find it, let me know and I'll see if
I can dig it up.

Later.

Colin