Subject: Colour X on LC475
To: 'MacBSD' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Thompson <paul@abyss.co.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/1999 18:45:11
Hi everyone, I'm asking for some help with X.

My Computer: LC475, Full 68040, 36MB Ram, 1MB Of VRam, 2.2GB HD, Internal
Video with 14" apple monitor, Asante 10 Base T ethernet in the one slot and
(of course) NetBSD 1.3.2

I have installed X and it works fine in B&W, doesn't crash anymore. Works
fine over the ethernet to my PC etc. I have read about and downloaded the
OSFA X Server and I have read various statements that suggest that it
should or shouldn't work :-) (Hence my confusion) What I would like to know
is, Does the OSFA work on the internal video on on the 475? If so what do I
have to do to make it work? The manual makes some mention of changing the
kernel?

Is there an X login program so that the console can start with X? Like SCO?

Cheers, Paul.