Subject: Re: advice on hard disks
To: Rolf Braun <rbraun@cstone.net>
From: Michael Hendrick <mlh@csranet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/1999 19:26:24
On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Rolf Braun wrote:

> >Seagate ST34520N (sd1)
> >Seagate ST31230N (sd2)
>
> How big are those? Do those work under ncr?

The 34520N is 4.3gb, the 31230N is 1.2gb. I'm sure they work with the ncr
driver, I use the sbc only because of superstition.  I had problems back
under 1.2 or earlier with some disk corruption and started using sbc.

Note that I did not use the installer on the 4.3gb drive.  I partitioned
half the 1.2gb drive as root+usr and installed a minimal system on it.  I
partitioned the 4.3gb with the installer, but newfs'd it and untar'd the
tarballs on it from within NetBSD on the 1.2gb drive.  Of course the
installer cannot now access either drive as they're a BSD4.4 file system,
but who cares...

--
  Michael Hendrick
Aiken, South Carolina