Subject: Re: FYI: Error on SCSIRead(), #5
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: KITAMURA Yasuichi <kita@crl.go.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/1998 02:58:52
> >>4.12 When I run the Installer program it gives me the error: Error on
> SCSIRead(), #5. What's wrong?
> >>http://192.168.0.75/MacBSD/faq/faq/faq-4.html#ss4.12
>
> 1.) I used MKFS and made a "space" optimized disk, when I tried to install
> I had the error EVERY time.
> 2.) When I reformatted the disk "time" optimized, it seemed to work, not
> all the time, but better.

I met with the same trouble with 2G hard drive when installed 1.3.3. My solu
tion was as follow.

1) I made a small:-) disc with kernel, etc and base.
2) I launched the network interface or faked to lanuch it.
3) I mounted the target disc and tar zxvpfC ......

I was very lucky to make the small system. In case that I could not get it,
huummmm...

With 1.3.2, I did not meet with the trouble with 700M hard drive.

--KITAMURA