Subject: Re: LC475 ethernet problems
To: sinteur <sinteur@bortiboll.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1998 11:10:44
sinteur wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with an LC475 and MacCon ethernet boards?
>
> I have dusted off an old LC 475, and although it boots nicely, it is in
> slight disagreement with the Ethernet card it has on board. This is part
> of my dmesg:
>
> ae0: at nubus0 slot e: MacCon LC III, 32 KB memory
> ae0: Ethernet address 00: (etc etc)
> ae0: length does not match next packet pointer
> ae0: len 0000 nlen ff00 start 0c first 00 curr 36 next 00 stop 80
> ae0: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 65280
>
> Since this board works like a charm from the Mac OS, and its identical
> twin does exactly the same, I assume there's a driver that needs a little
> tweek. Anyone got any suggestions?

unless you're getting those last 3 lines at some time other than boot, you
can safely ignore that message.  what probably happened was that the card
was still sending/receiving packets at the time you booted, and thus one
last packet managed to get lodged in there.  the ethernet card should
still work just fine, right?  many people have said that simply disabling
appletalk will take care of the above message, btw.

later.

colin