Subject: Re: /etc/printcap for /dev/tty01 connected ps laser printer
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1998 12:03:50
Oddly enough, I came across this on apple's site yesterday while trying to
find something completely different.  It's an excerpt: the full version can
be retrieved from http://til.info.apple.com by searching for the document
ID.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance try try this one out myself.

Apple LaserWriter: Printing From UNIX
Article ID:  19043

    Step 2: Create a Printer Description
       ------------------------------------
       Once you have text to PostScript software installed, set up an
       entry in the /etc/printcap file for the PostScript printer. Sample
       printcap entries can be found on the internet. One anonymous ftp
       site is "ftp.unt.edu" which contains the file printcap-city
       located in the /pub/unix directory. The entry should look similar
       to:
       #LASERWRITER PLUS (GENERIC) -----------------------------------
       lp|lw|ps|PostScript|LaserWriter|laserwriter|postscript|Apple:\
              :lp=/dev/lw:br#9600:\
              :fc#0000374:fs#0000003:xc#0:xs#0040040:rw:\
              :if=/usr/lib/psif:of=/usr/doctools/lib/psof:\
              :gf=/usr/lib/psgf:nf=/usr/doctools/lib/psnf:\
              :tf=/usr/lib/pstf:\
              :vf=/usr/lib/psvf:\
              :sd=/usr/spool/lpd0:lf=/usr/spool/lpd0/log:\
              :mx#0:sf:sb: