Subject: Re: Adding Users - a utility
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/23/1998 16:13:45
>chpass <newnerd>
>
>This puts you in the account editing mode in vi
>(be sure you know how to use vi before you do this)
>
>You can change the Uid, Gid, set the date by which the account passwd must
>be changed, set the date of expiration of the account, define the default
>shell type for this account

Technically, you're close. Actually, it doesn't put you into account
editing mode in vi, and you don't really need to know how to use vi. It
actually puts you into accountediting mode in whatever you have your editor
env variable set to. Personally, I have mine set to pico, so whenever I
type vipw, chpass, chfn, or chsh it'll fire up pico for it :).

(granted, you really should know vi anyway, but it is possible to get by
w/o it)

HTH
Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.