Subject: Re: java compiler, anyone? (Yes ?)
To: Kazuyoshi Kato kaz-k <kazk@yyy.or.jp>
From: Marc Coevoet <MarcCoevoet@planetinternet.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/22/1998 20:06:29
>> I started looking at Jikes with the idea of building it on my NetBSD/sparc
>> system. The big problem seems to be that the Jikes code is heavily
>> dependant on the Unicode support in Linux. Specifcally, most files try
>> to #include <wchar.h> as well as make calles to wcslen(), neither of
>> which seem to be supported on NetBSD (1.3.2, at least).

I *deleted* #include <wchar.h> without problems.
(just some don't-care warning about wcslen()).

If you have still problems with
"out of virtual memory", then type
unlimit datasize
in the (c)sh.  You can find this on the general netbsd pages.

I can build *.o, but it compiles extremely slow on my IIsi,17Mb RAM.
(I will continue this night, pagedaemon taking too much cpu...).  So, any old
mac donations welcome....  Region Ypres, Belgium.

Or would somebody put a compiled jikes-m68kbsd.tgz on ftp?

Marc
MarcCoevoet@planetinternet.be