Subject: Some pre-installation worries
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Danny Paul <dpaul01@mail.coin.missouri.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/20/1998 19:17:22
Hello,
	I have been planning to install NetBSD on my Macintosh Centris
650 with 32MegRam and 240 meg hard drive.  I had already partitioned my
disk for a full install when I got to talking with one of my friends.  He
said that he had chatted with some people he knew who had installed
several different flavors of Linux and they all thought it had been a real
pain.
	I just wanted to know what might happen should something go wrong.
Would it be at all possible for the FS or any of the data on my MacOS
partition to get destroyed?  I have also heard of the computer getting
confused and not wanting to boot up at all.  I personally thing that these
questions are preposterous, but I use this machine for work and my boss
must be sure that I will have a working machine at all times.

	If I need to contact someone else about my concerns, please give
me their e-mail.  I appreciate the time.

			Danny Paul
			dpaul01@mail.coin.missouri.edu