Subject: xdm problems and a dumb question
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Newman <jtn2@email.psu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/18/1998 09:05:54
Hi there. I have a question about how to get xdm started and then a rather
stupid question.

1. I know there is a faq for getting xdm up and running. I've read it and
followed it. However, it won't work correctly. Everytime I login, the
server dies and restarts again taking me back to the login window. The
cycle repeats over and over. Any suggestions? Eventually, I'd like to get
kdm running in place of it, but I figure start with the basics first.

2. Now for the stupid question. I'm still pretty new to netbsd. I have a
couple of basic unix books that I am working through, but neither cover
much in the way of system administration. How does one add a new user? (I
assume that when I get this think on the net, being logged in as root is a
pretty bad idea.)

Thanks for any hints and suggestions.
Jason T. Newman

web page: http://www.personal.psu.edu/jtn2
B&B page: http://www.personal.psu.edu/jtn2/beautybeast/front.html (new
construction)
Jackie and Jason's Reading Chamber: http://www.personal.psu.edu/jsd119. Now
accepting stories both old, new, and out of print.

email: jtn2@email.psu.edu