Subject: Re: -current does not like non-boot disk
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/18/1998 00:01:36
On Dec 15, 1998, Michael R. Zucca wrote:

> Does anybody recall the "kernel size" problem? I was getting problems with
> this a long time ago. Perhaps now, the "voodoo zone" has entered the SCSI
> driver code. In that case, it's definitely a pmap problem.

I don't recall seeing any definitive reports that the "kernel size"
problem was linked with anything other than rebooting.  I found and
killed that problem 6+ months ago.  In the process I found and
corrected a minor problem in pmap_bootstrap() that really shouldn't
have caused anything this significant.  As of some time ago the
mac68k pmap is virtually identical in all respects to the hp300
version, save the fact that we have to deal with noncontiguous
physical RAM segments (which, of course, is trivial).

While this problem might be mac68k-specific, it doesn't seem likely
that it has anything to do with the pmap module, to me.

--scott