Subject: Re: 1.3.3 (was: reinstall)
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
From: Jeffrey Dunitz <orpheus@lemieux.hockey.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1998 23:17:23
On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 10:32:00PM -0500, Allen Briggs said something like:
> > > wait a bit for the 1.3.3 announcement.
> > So Allen...what's in store?
>
> The announcement will say in some detail when it's released (s/b

> It would be really cool if there's someone who'd be interested in
> getting sysinst working on mac68k (hint, hint)...  Even if it just
> supports upgrades or network-based installs after you partition in
> the MacOS.  If you're interested in working on this, coordinate with
> the port master.  :-)

My mac is the only netbsd machine I've ever used (though I've tried,
unsuccessfully several times to get Net and OpenBSD on a couple different
PCs...) so my question is what does sysinst do? is it a bootloader-based
install program or something?

> There are ways to contribute back to NetBSD--even if you're not a
> programmer.  Even though I am only fluent in English, I think it
> would be great to see more support for other languages, for instance.
> We could use more documentation--for the mac-specific and general
> parts of NetBSD.  NetBSD (and open source software in general) is
> as good and as useful as we make it.

I'm most fluent in french (though I can make my way through German and
Swedish as well)...if there were _one_ critical document to have a french
translation of, what would it be? I might want to take a crack at it, and
see how it goes. Then maybe I'd do some more. Which one would we like to
have first?

> -allen
>
> --
>                     Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com
>        Try free *nix: http://www.netbsd.org/, http://www.freebsd.org/,
> 		      http://www.linux.org/, http://www.openbsd.org/

Jeffrey Dunitz                 | Ex-Crayon;           | orpheus@avalon.net
BOFH Emeritus, Avalon Networks | Network Engineer     | Eagan, MN, USA
http://www.avalon.net/~orpheus | EXi Corporation      | 651-523-6992 (work)