Subject: Re: 1.3.3 (was: reinstall)
To: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1998 22:32:00
> > wait a bit for the 1.3.3 announcement.
> So Allen...what's in store?

The announcement will say in some detail when it's released (s/b
in the near future).  I'm not involved at all in putting it together,
so I don't want to end up with my foot in my mouth.  As Colin said,
it's a bugfix release--not much mac68k-specific stuff, I think, but
there is a fair bit of m.i. stuff.  If you're running 1.3.2, you
might want to consider installing 1.3.3.  If you're running -current,
you probably don't want to try.

It would be really cool if there's someone who'd be interested in
getting sysinst working on mac68k (hint, hint)...  Even if it just
supports upgrades or network-based installs after you partition in
the MacOS.  If you're interested in working on this, coordinate with
the port master.  :-)

There are ways to contribute back to NetBSD--even if you're not a
programmer.  Even though I am only fluent in English, I think it
would be great to see more support for other languages, for instance.
We could use more documentation--for the mac-specific and general
parts of NetBSD.  NetBSD (and open source software in general) is
as good and as useful as we make it.

-allen

--
                    Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com