Subject: Re: -current does not like non-boot disk
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1998 22:23:58
At 2:12 Uhr +0100 16.12.1998, Allen Briggs wrote:
>> Perhaps uvm is excercising the machdep memory code in a way it isn't
>>expecting?
>
>Scott says that he's been over the pmap code with a fine-tooth comb and
>verified that it seems to be the same as the other hp300-derived ports.
>It's possible that there's still a bug in there, but (as far as I know)
>it's not affecting anyone but mac68k.  Similarly, there could be more
>machine-independent bug that we're tripping on that no one else is, for
>whatever reason.

Just for kicks, I built a kernel with my standard config but UVM disabled.
And, sic!, in single user I could disklabel(8), mount and unmount the MO
just fine, even copy stuff to it (it has an LFS). Going to multi user would
crash the machine in flames, though.

(Is an UVM userland supposed to work with a Mach VM kernel? Is it supposed
to panic the kernel? Stack traces upon request.)

	hauke