Subject: Re: java compiler, anyone?
To: justin grammens <justin@imationstudio.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/1998 22:29:09
At 13:23 Uhr +0100 14.12.1998, justin grammens wrote:
>Anyone have a binary or source (that compiles) to get a java compiler to
>run on Mac68k-netbsd? I'm running a Quadra 800, 24MB, netbsd 1.3.2 and have
>tried numerous versions of Kaffe and all don't compile with various errors.
>I can send more info about specific errors if you want. I'm just wondering
>if anyone has gotten it compile on Mac68k.

If you are looking for a java *compiler* and not a java *VM* you may want
to look at IBM's Jikes on (iirc) {www.}alphaworks.ibm.com. They have just
jumped on the opensource bandwaggon - the thing is said to build on L*nux,
so I don't see why it shouldn't build on NetBSD.

If you want a VM, you can hack kaffe to support NetBSD/m68k, or you can
sign Sun's license, get the 1.1.6/7 sources and the NetBSD/i386 patches
(see somewhere on www.nwtbsd.org) and hack away. I have the license form
here but too little time on my hands...

	hauke