Subject: Re: NetBSD Install problems
To: rgross <rgross@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
From: charlie an <charlie@tradeit.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/09/1998 10:03:04
rgross wrote:

> I am trying to set up NetBSD on a Quadra 610, 20MB RAM, 2GB Drive at SCSI
> ID 0, No NuBus. I'm using the 'netbsd.GENERIC.tar.gz' Kernel (980517
> build date).
>
> I get a hang at boot, the last message on the console is:
>
> Warning: no /dev/console

	You probably haven't built the devices.

> When I try to run the Build Devices in the Installer I get errors, bunch
> of #5's, I read in the FAQ that was due to larger than 1GB drives, is
> there a work around?

	I suppose you've got a bunch of #25's? if so, try to make at least
	one partition smaller than 500 Mb (I guess there's no definite answers
	for the size) and install the base.tgz and etc.tgz onto it, then
install the
	rest in NetBSD.

> thanks for your help.

	No problem, but just read FAQ first ;-)