Subject: Re: SONIC LC/PDS TwP Ethernet Troubles
To: None <sean@flame.org>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1998 16:21:06
Sean-Paul Rees wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Colin Wood wrote:
>
> > Sean-Paul Rees wrote:
> > > I have a SONIC LC/PDS TwP Ethernet board(?) in my LC3. It works fine under
> > > MacOS. NetBSD won't recognize it. Is this a supported board(?), or have I
> > > done something wrong?
> > >
> > > Appreciate any assistance.
> >
> > Is it even recognized at boot?  What does 'dmesg' say about it?
>
> The card as recognized as being there. Here is a direct screen-to-keyboard
> copy, so if I flip a few letters around, you'll know why.
>
> nubus0 slot e: EtherNet Card (Vendor: TFL LAN Inc., Part E410 NuBus/E420
> LC PDS,EtherNet Adapter)
>
> When I bought this, it was a 'sonic' brand card.

What kind of controller chip does this have on it?  Generally the numbers
off of the largest chip on the board are helpful.  If it's a supported
controller (DP8390 and DP83932?), it's possible someone can get it to
work.

Someone posted earlier (can't remember who at the moment, and
unfortunately I've deleted the message) saying that this board is known to
not be supported, but if it has a supported controller, it might not be
too terribly difficult to get it working...

Later.

Colin