Subject: Apache and CGI Problems (probably off-topic)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joshua E Hope <otaku@unixgeek.ml.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/1998 03:34:24
I'm at wits end, and am close to going insane!

Whenever I try executing a certain CGI, I get the error message: "405
Method not allowed...not allowed to use method POST on /cgi-bin/cgi"

I checked my access.conf file, and even enabled ExecCGI access BY DEFAULT
to ANY directory...yet still it won't execute. I also tried accessing the
two CGIs that come pre-packaged with apache, but instead of executing lynx
just displays their text (yes, they are +x).

I'm using a fairly new version of Apache. The CGI that gives the error was
written in C with cgic.

I'm hoping someone out there has come across this problem and rectified
it. ANY help would be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Josh Hope
"Of course I run NetBSD!" http://www.netbsd.org
 root                  otaku        melkor
 root@unixgeek.ml.org  @SuperChat   @ChatNet
                         http://unixgeek.ml.org