Subject: Makefile note for pkgsrc:/mysql, pkglibtool, gnome
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/1998 12:44:24
Hi!
This is probably already fixed, but I thought I should mention it in
case is hasn't.  I downloaded the 1.3.2 pkgsrc archive and was trying
to compile mysql, all went well until `make install` hit a snafu in
mysql/work/mysql-3.21.33b/client/Makefile. Apparently LIBTOOL was
not defined, which caused gmake to stop with the error "
--mode=install -c ... Error" something something.  There was just a
LIBTOOL variable without any assignment of a program. So I just popped
in LIBTOOL=libtool, and off it went for a complete install. Yay.

I have still some troubles to compile gnome-core, which apparently
relies on  usr/pkg/bin/pkglibtool, which pkgsrc/pkglibtool installed
on my system as libtool. I just made a sym-link pkglibtool -> libtool,
which solved that one problem. Has anyone got gnome up on their
macintosh hardware in NetBSD-1.3.2?

Any advice is appreciated!

Brian Wildasinn

E-Mail: Brian Wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>