Subject: Problems with building identd
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: J. Benedict <raoul@olympus.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1998 19:38:14
Group:

I'm trying to build identd, a ident daemon which I need to use to use IRC
servers.  The package name is called pidentd-2.6.1.tar.gz and I got it at
ftp.eskimo.com/security/pidentd-2.6.1.tar.gz.

I unpacked it and tried building it using "make netbsd"  Below is what I
got when I tried this:

cc -c -I. -O -DBSD386  -DINCLUDE_EXTENSIONS -DHAVE_KVM kernel/386bsd.c
kernel/386bsd.c:35: sys/kinfo.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Looking into the Makefile, it is asking for some source code from /usr/src,
which I do not have in my directory tree.

What's happening here and what other information do I need to provide to
work this out.  Do I need to build a new kernel to provide this
functionality?

Thanks-

Jeff

---
Jeffrey E. Benedict * raoul@olympus.net *
"I should have gone to college and gone into real estate and
got myself an aquarium. That's what I should have done...."
                                     - Jeffrey Dahmer, reflecting