Subject: Re: asm2gas in m68k/fpsp
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1998 15:09:53
On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Scott Reynolds wrote:
> Well, yes, that makes the kernel compile, but does the assembler output
> code with double precision reals?  I suspect that it doesn't, which would
> introduce errors into the fp instructions emulated by the fpsp.  (At
> least, it produces incorrect output with the NetBSD gas; I'm not sure one
> way or the other with a more modern binutils gas.)

It seems to... the only instances I could find of a #:0x with a double
precision argument are the "fcmpd"s in res_func.s
        fcmpd   #:0x41dfffffffc00000,fp0

gets assembled into
     fb4:       f23c 5438 41df  fcmpd #2.14748e+09,%fp0
     fba:       ffff ffc0 0000

with both NetBSD's as running natively on mac68k and gas 2.9 running as
a cross-assmebler on an i386. In fact, while the actual .o files aren't
identical (why not? Are there timestamps in there or something?), the
output of objdump -d on the .o files is identical.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++