Subject: Re: asm2gas in m68k/fpsp
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1998 13:38:17
On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Dave Huang wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Scott Reynolds wrote:
> > [I realize this is an old message, but since I haven't seen any useful
> > response, perhaps it's not entirely too late?]
>
> I thought I saw someone post a reply back then... in any case, here's
> what I use... it seems to work for me :)

Well, yes, that makes the kernel compile, but does the assembler output
code with double precision reals?  I suspect that it doesn't, which would
introduce errors into the fp instructions emulated by the fpsp.  (At
least, it produces incorrect output with the NetBSD gas; I'm not sure one
way or the other with a more modern binutils gas.)

--scott