Subject: Re: asm2gas in m68k/fpsp
To: Paul Forgey <paulf@aphrodite.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/1998 01:13:33
[I realize this is an old message, but since I haven't seen any useful
response, perhaps it's not entirely too late?]

On 19 Oct 1998, Paul Forgey wrote:

>I'm attempting to cross a netbsd kernel from sparc-sun-solaris2.6 ->
>m68k-apple-netbsd.  I'm using egcs-1.1b and bintuils 2.9.1.  I've hit the
>following snags:
>[...]
>res_func.s: Assembler messages:
>res_func.s:1524: Error: parse error -- statement `fcmpd
>#:0x41dfffffffc00000,fp0' ignored

If I recall correctly, what you're seeing there is a local (NetBSD)
modification to allow our version of gas to handle double precision real
constants.  I'm not sure if anybody has resolved this satisfactorily for
a cross-compile environment, but I'm cross-posting to port-m68k to see if
someone can help.

--scott

PS - This is one of the things the m68k ports need to do something about
before we move them to gas.new, by the way...