Subject: Re: dhclient question
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Dockery <danarchy@endeneu.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1998 17:51:07
>a) enable root logins over the net. Create yourself a user account for
>logging in, then use su - to get to root if needed.

That is what I plan to do.  It's just that I didn't know how to do it from the Mini-shell (does it have VIPW?) so I was
planning on setting my tty secure, making my account, setting it back to insecure, and being done with it.  Remember -
there's no ADB or serial support on a Q950, which limits me (mostly) to network logins.

>If your machine is up for long-enough stretches of time that you log in
>from elsewhere, then you should take security seriously. Especially since
>it's easy to do. Just run ssh, and a lot of problems are avoidable w/
>minimal administrative overhead. Also, ssh is in the pkg system, and also
>works fine w/ NetBSD last I looked.

I'll look into SSH as well.

-dan