Subject: Re: 68040 chips and stuff
To: Bob Nestor , port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1998 12:48:13
Bob Nestor wrote:

> I just saw this posting on comp.sys.mac.wanted anmd thought it might be
> of interest to NetBSD/mac68k people looking for FPUs, full 68040s and
> Ethernet.

(. . .)

Bob,

thanks a lot for posting that. As for me, I finally got my Asante' card. Now,
I only need the time to install and try to go on with my setup :))

Unrelated, but also stuff thing:
Some time ago I bought a (Diimo from www.micromac.com) 128 KB cache card for
68040 processors which goes to the processor socket. Unfortunately, it did not
fit in my Q630 (DOS Compatible), so it is useless for me. I also got some
distance pieces so you could elevate the cache card from the board level.
Unfortunately it does not fit -physically - also in a Q605. From what I
understand that cache card should work in a Q700, Q800, Q900, Q610/660AV, Q650
and possibly also a normal Q630. There's no manual but a driver disk.

Now, since you're so great and helpful and you possibly will never get back
from me any valuable response or feedback (because of my cluelessness, sorry),
I'd be willed to give that cache card away just for shipping (or some useful
cdrom or some other helpful utility for a total beginner) to some staffer
here, who works for developping and improving NetBSD - if that would be
welcome/useful/helpful (otherwise that cache card lays around without any
practical use). If so, simply mail me.

Best regards, Ulrich