Subject: Re: big trouble in little ppp
To: xwolf <xwolf@vr-net.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1998 06:03:22
Hi,

This problem usually means one of two things: you are not setting the
default route, or you are trying to set it but it is already set.

See if you have "defaultroute" as one of your pppd options, either in the
command line or in the /etc/ppp/options file.  If it is not there add it.
If it is there, check the /var/log/messages for an error message saying
that it cannot set the default route. You may have to delete the default
route before you connect with pppd if it is already set.  As root do

  route delete default

Also, as Colin suggested, try using netstat -rn (or 'route show') to see
how the ruting is getting set up both before and after connecting.

Mark

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, xwolf wrote:

> i need some serious help with my ppp connection taht i cannot get
> working... i got the wrstuden ppp kit and set it all up according to my
> isp and it loox like it connects but when i try to ftp somewere it tells
> me that it cannot find a route "connect: no route to host". i've been
> working on this problem for some time (about 8 months) and i have not
> found any solution... please help..
>
> thanx fer any responses
> 	s9

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net