Subject: Re: mozilla doesn't install
To: Bernd-Paul Simon <bps@CoLi.Uni-SB.DE>
From: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/29/1998 13:19:59
On Sun, Nov 29, 1998 at 01:16:02AM +0100, Bernd-Paul Simon wrote:
> while make install of mozilla,
>
> the following error message leads to Error 1:
>
> jsj_convert.c: In function 'jsj_ConvertJavaValueToSJValue':
> jsj_convert.c:789: aggregate value where float was expected
>
> What can I do ?

I ran across this problem just the other day when I finally got around to
getting my version of mozilla up to date. After a bit of digging around, I
found that the problem was that mozilla was not configured to use the
'long long' type for 'jlong' values. I don't know if there was a good reason
for this, but it seemed to be causing the above compile problems. This can
be fixed by editing the file:
    /usr/pkgsrc/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/config/NetBSD.mk
and adding the define "-DHAVE_LONG_LONG" to the PORT_FLAGS line.

Because that is a fundamental change you should probably re-compile
everthing after making the above change. To do that I deleted the 'work'
directory, did the 'make expand' and 'make patch' steps, made the above
change and then did 'make all'. There's probably a better way to re-make
everything, but I don't understand the mozilla build system and can't be
bothered working it out.

	david

--

David Johnston