Subject: kerberos login
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1998 14:59:32
I've been attempting to get kerberos logins working and failing mightily. I
have the proper krb.conf and krb.realms files and can use kinit to get
tickets with no trouble, but login will not work with my kerberos password;
only my local one. Jason Wright's Kerberos on NetBSD tutorial
(<URL:http://logical.thought.net/kerberos/netbsd.html>) claims that the
domestic NetBSD login has support for the kerberos toehold stuff, but I
cannot find reference to toehold anywhere and the secr.tgz set that I
installed does not seem to replace login.

So my questions are:
1) Does NetBSD's login really provide toehold and attempt to authenticate
   you via kerberos?
2) If so, why does it hate me when kinit is happy?
3) Is there any documentation anywhere on this toehold thing?

I have NetBSD 1.3.2 (with the secr set installed) on a Mac IIci.

Thanks for any help,
Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>