Subject: Re: two questions: audio and ttys
To: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/1998 20:26:12
Armen Babikyan wrote:
> At 5:16 PM -0800 11/26/98, Colin Wood wrote:
> >If I can find my or Keiki's player code, I'll repost it.  It only does raw
> >sound, tho, not .au files, I believe.
> >
> I have it.
>
> In this message he claims that this program "plays sound files very well
> without cough".  On my quadra700, IIvx and IIcx, I played an .au file
> (which i thought was appropriate) and got lots of coughing (i could hear
> the sound, though).

It probably has the wrong sampling frequency.

> What exactly is a "raw" sound file and how can i
> convert a .au sound to it?

I think I used SoundApp or something like that to convert the .au files to
Sound Edit files at whatever the proper frequency is.  I want to say
somewhere around 22kHz, but there were 2 different settings, and one was
correct and the other caused coughing.

-Colin