Subject: Re: two questions: audio and ttys
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/1998 17:09:02
Ken Nakata wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:58:40 -0800 (PST), Paul Goyette wrote:
> >
> > Bad news.  Audio on NetBSD/mac68k isn't working, yet.
>
> Really?  I thought Colin and/or Keiki (Sunagawa) got their driver(s)
> to produce some sounds.  Am I hallucinating?

We both managed to get a more or less timer-based program working that
would output raw sound fairly convincingly :-)  However, I've hit a bit of
a snag in trying to get the interrupt-driven mode to work, and that's what
we really need in order to get /dev/audio working :-(  Hopefully, I'll
have some more time to work on it soon.

Later.

Colin