Subject: Boot problem - corrupted ? files
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/26/1998 11:19:07
My system:
Mac IIvx, 68 Meg RAM
1 Gig HD in SCSI 0 (used for Mac system)
 Old 1x CD-ROM drive on SCSI 3
1 Gig HD on SCSI 6 (used for NetBSD)
The NetBSD drive is partitioned with NetBSD on the first (non-driver)
partition and the swap on the second partition
Swap is 100 Meg, NetBSD has the rest (ca 850 MB)

Using NetBSD 1.3.2 - compiled from the sources with no change to config
except config = yes.

The problem:
After booting, logging on as root, then immediately doing "shutdown now",
then rebooting the Mac, then rebooting NetBSD the usual way, in the course
of the boot I get:

Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks.
/dev/rsd1a: UNREF FILE I=4609 OENER=root MODE=140666
/dev/rsd1a: SIZE=0 MTIME= Nov 15 09:30 1998 (CLEARED)
/dev/rsd1a: FREE BLOCK COUNT(S) WRONG IN SUPERBLOCK (SALVAGED)
/dev/rsd1a: BLK(S) MISSING IN BIT MAPS
/dev/rsd1a: SUMMARY INFORMATION BAD
/dev/rsd1a: 43997 files, 501346 used, 418412 free (3692 frags, 51840
blocks, 0.4% fragmentation)
/dev/rsd1a: MARKING FILE SYSTEM CLEAN

... and then goes on with the boot, sucessfully.

The actual details vary somewhat - the above is about the simplest example.

Is this normal, or what have I screwed up. (Everything else seems to work
quite normally, although I don't use dt or X-windows yet.)

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)