Subject: Re: Kernel Compile problems
To: Darren Wright <dwright@dca.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/24/1998 00:12:54
Darren Wright wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a new kernel on my IIci....1.3.2 installation, with
> whatever the newest kernel source is.
>
> I make a config called DARREN, and then run config DARREN, and I get all
> sorts of errors::
>
> ../../../../conf/files:21: syntax error
>                             :23 "  " "
> .
> .
> .
> .
> ../../../../conf/files:200: undefined attribute "ifnet"
>
> .
> .
> .
>

> Any ideas?

Well, without looking at your kernel config file, I'd guess that you're
using the 1.3.2 config?  If so, that's the problem.  You need a config
binary which matches your kernel source, since the format of the kernel
config file has changed slightly since 1.3.x.  You can either grab a copy
of the binary from the base.tgz set in the -current snapshot, or perhaps
even easier, -current source tarballs should include a config.tgz tarball
which contains the sources for config.  Compile it and use it to config
the kernel config file.

I hope this helps.

Later.

Colin