Subject: Re: NetBSD install problems
To: None <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Ivan Curtis <icurtis@radlogic.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/24/1998 12:02:02
	David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com> wrote
	|It uses as much swap space as it needs from the available swap
	|devices. If you run out of all space... bad things happen.

Getting a little off the netbsd track here, but my recent experience
has been different.

I have been using sis (a logic minimization program) on a 2.0.34 linux
machine with 64M ram and 100M swap (120MHz Pentium). On a large
circuit, I monitored the processes as the sis task grabbed more and
more memory. The machine remained (reasonably) responsive right up to
the point where all swap was exhausted, whereapon the sis task self
terminated. No other tasks crashed, and the machine has been up for
about 22 days since then without a problem.

Ob netbsd: Have been using 9wm on my se/30 running X. It is an elegant
wm based on the plan9 window system. The executable is only about
40k. I modified it to use one mouse button and it works well.

Ivan
icurtis@radlogic.com.au          \o/
Adelaide, South AUSTRALIA         ]                      ph: 61 8 8373-3990
----                             //                      fx: 61 8 8373-3251