Subject: Re: dt questions...
To: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/23/1998 11:29:23
On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Armen Babikyan wrote:

> i've heard dt lets you reverse the display to white on black from black on
> white. how is this done? i've typed command-everything on the keyboard and
> nothing seems to reverse video.

You need to re-config dt to get the reverse video.

> also, dt seems to only let me open 6 virtual consoles...command-o on the
> 7th screen just displays "Virtual console number 7" and just hangs there.
> is there any way to get dt to let me open command 7, 8, 9 and possibly even
> 0?

How many pty's do you have? I ran into this problem, but after console 4,
when I only had pty0 through pty3. Go to /dev and make some more pyt's. I
think the exact command sequence is in the FAQ, or you can look through
the MAKEDEV script to see which option you need to feed it. Either pty0 or
ptya comes to mind.

Take care,

Bill