Subject: Re: ADB hangs when mouse is moved during init
To: None <fb@enteract.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/1998 15:10:48
Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, Hauke Fath wrote:
>
> > With a -current kernel
> >
> > NetBSD 1.3H (FG54) #10: Thu Nov 19 19:08:12 CET 1998
> >
> > hauke@q700.hf.org:/home/hauke/work/netbsd/current/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/FG
> > 54
> > Apple Macintosh Quadra 700  (68040)
> >
> > I get hangups during the ADB probe when I accidentally bump the mouse.
> > Hitting the NMI switch gives
>
> Moving the mouse anytime after booting begins, actually. I usually
> have to start the boot with Command-B, to ensure that it will continue
> uninterrupted. There's been a pr open on this for a long time (2568),
> but there doesn't seem to be much going on with it.

I believe that we have all interrupts enabled for much of the boot
process, and so we're probably picking up stray ADB packets.  I believe
you're both using the HWDIRECT driver, right?  Do you see the same
behavior under the MRG driver?  If not, then perhaps there is something
else that needs to be cleared by the HWDIRECT driver...

Later.

Colin