Subject: Re: NetBSD install problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/1998 17:55:12
On Nov 20,  9:57am, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Nate Godin wrote:
>> 	I'm a long-time Linux user trying to get NetBSD running on a
>> MacIIci, 8 meg ram, 230 meg HD (10 megs Mac, 210 megs NetBSD, 10 megs
>
>8M of ram is pretty tight. Maybe you could get away with that on i386,
>but my custom mac68k kernel uses just about that much all by itself.
>16-20M would probably be fine, though it may be possible to boot a
>stripped down kernel with only 8M.

My MacII is running on 8MB.  That's part of why it's taking so long to
get snapshots out these days (time spent swapping).  (Plus, I still have
problems with make and cc1 dumping core, and wasting a lot of time when
I'm not there to restart it.)

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

"Stealing a rhinoceros should not be attempted lightly."