Subject: Re: NetBSD install problems
To: Nate Godin <nate@graymalkin.res.wpi.net>
From: Ken Nakata <knakata@itpjp.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/1998 17:00:09
Nate Godin wrote:

>         I'm a long-time Linux user trying to get NetBSD running on a
> MacIIci, 8 meg ram, 230 meg HD (10 megs Mac, 210 megs NetBSD, 10 megs
> swap) and a 3Com EtherLink NB ethernet card.

Which version of NetBSD are you trying to run?  If you aren't already,
try running the latest official release, 1.3.2.

Also, it would help us determin what's wrong with your set up if you
told us which sets (files; i.e. base.tgz, comp.tgz, etc.tgz, etc) you
installed and which you omitted.

> Anyone know what's going on?

Just a blind shot; would it make a difference if you swapped the memory
in bank A and B?

Good luck,

Ken