Subject: NetBSD install problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nate Godin <nate@graymalkin.res.wpi.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/1998 02:49:40
Hello...
	I'm a long-time Linux user trying to get NetBSD running on a
MacIIci, 8 meg ram, 230 meg HD (10 megs Mac, 210 megs NetBSD, 10 megs
swap) and a 3Com EtherLink NB ethernet card. The system has 2 problems;
first, on bootup, when asked for a terminal type, it won't accept vt220,
or anything else (have to ^C). Then, when trying to go into multi-user
mode, I get a kernel panic. It happens during network initialisation when
it does an ifconfig on the loopback device. I get a "Kernel Illegal
Instruction Trap", panic, then the debug prompt. Went through the stack
trace with the guys on #netbsd, no luck (none of them were Mac people
though) I did try removing the card, not that it would make a huge
difference, since it's crashing on the loopback device. And insn't getting
anywhere near the ethernet card. Anyone know what's going on?

TIA,
Nate

			    nate@wpi.edu
        Graymalkin: http://graymalkin.res.wpi.net/index.html
RedHat 5.1 and updates, Linux kernel sources and patches, GNOME, LDP
          Jon's World Organisation: http://www.jwo.ml.org/

      Finger nate@graymalkin.res.wpi.net for my PGP Public Key