Subject: Daystar Digital 040-25 in IIci
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Wright <dwright@dca.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1998 09:20:29

Interesting update:

I have been using macBSD for a while now successfully on my IIci with
cache card and RBV internal video.  I've tried to get my Daystart digital
040 to work...but of course we all know that they don't.

I decided to try maclinux for the heck of it, and lo and behold it boots
fine.  BUT not without some problems with the RBV card....so I put a Toby
frame buffer in there...

Well! I forgot to take out the 040 accelerator and left the Toby in there,
and whiz bang! MacBSD boots!  I get to where it tries to mount the root
fs, it reads that' it's an ffs filesystem and then hangs.  If I boot into
single user mode, it asks me for the pathname of the shell and then hangs.
But nevertheless, the kernel bssooted....any ideas on the rest?

-Darren