Subject: Re: netbsd on P476
To: None <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1998 08:23:32
joerom@shaft.laffeycomputer.com wrote:

> I've got the stock Quantum 240 that came with it and a Fujitsu 1Gb. Which
> kernel would you suggest I start with? Generic?

I remember reading that the reccomended procedure was to try generic
was reccomended first...SBC if generic was causing problems.  In my
case, when upgrading the drive, I was having some file corruption
issues that turned out to be the result of the partitioning scheme I
had set up.

However, In the process of getting things working, one thing I tried
was switching to SBC.  It didn't fix the problem.  It didn't make it
worse.  It's just been sitting there and I never bothered to change it
back to generic.  As far as I'm aware, SBC is supposed to be a little
more stable in certain situations, and a little slower in terms of
transfers.

--
Steve Revilak
revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu