Subject: rlogin: strange pagebreaks
From: Peter Gutbrod <gutbrod@media-fact.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1998 11:42:47
Hi,

I'm using Better Telnet on a PPC to login on my NetBSD-Box. When I use
Telnet as Protokoll everything works as fine. When I use rlogin as
Protokoll to prevent having type in User and Passwort everytime I login,
something unwanted happens to screensize or pagebreaks:

F.e. manpages don`t scroll through the window as usual but a portion
(about 20 rows) of the content in the middle part of the window  is
overwritten. So the content of the window becomes hard to read, no
scrollback etc.

Does anyone know, how to control this behavier of rlogin, or does anyone
recommend to use another automatic login protocol (rsh, rexec etc.)

Peter Gutbrod

media factory
Muehltalstr. 14a
69221 Dossenheim