Subject: re: Dat drives
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/18/1998 07:15:54
> Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 17:32:57 -0600 (CST)
> From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
> Subject: DAT & Utility program
>
> Anyone have any luck hooking up a DAT drive to their NetBSD box? I have an
> older DDS1 WangDAT (SCSI). Is there a chance that this will work or not?

Yes, and it also happens to be an older DDS-1 wang (model 3200).
Being a fan of full backups, I usually just run tar archives of /
(less proc & kern).  No problems.  In terms of reliability: I just
recently changed the drive I'm using for NetBSD.   I used the wang to
pack everything up and then restore it after the upgrade.  Again, not
a problems.

So that's probably a good sign :-)

--
Steve Revilak