Subject: How pkg install system works?
From: charlie an <charlie@tradeit.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/1998 14:50:49
I tried to compile and install kde, but kdebase compilation exhausted the virtual memory. so I downloaded the binary set of kdebase and installed it under /usr/X11R6. back to /usr/pkgsrc/kde, "make" still didn't find kdebase. does pkg install system checks in the package directory instead of targeting directory? how to tell it that kdebase has been installed? (or maybe it's installed in a wrong place?) alternatively, is that any doc regarding the pkg installatin system? I'm not familiar with CVS.

Thanks.

Charlie