Subject: Re: SE/30
To: Wayne Stewart <waynestewart@mactobasics.com.au>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/1998 08:28:40
At 5:00 AM -0600 11/17/98, Wayne Stewart wrote:

>The error message is something like this:
>
>Booting...File "netbsd" not found
>Could not open kernel "(6,?)netbsd"

Sounds to me like you didn't install the kernel.  There is a separate
kernel .tgz file for the kernel, since for many versions of NetBSD there
are more than one version of the kernel in the standard mac68k
distribution.  You need to install the one appropriate for your system.

>Is there a way to tell if it [XWindows] installed?  If not how do I
>install it?

XWindows is distributed in the same way as the rest of the distribution.
You need to grab the necessary files and install them with the installer,
(or untar them under NetBSD which is faster).  One way can check to see if
you have installed it is to check your /usr directory for the X11 directory.

Eric Damien Berna
eric@thiel.com

NetBSD 1.3.1 on a Mac IIcx
NetBSD-current on a Mac Quadra 950
	(Indefinitely down, my wife is using it)